Tuesday 1 February 2011

Thanks to Monday - you made it less grey!

Well yesterday on the whole was horrific. I couldn't get in the mind to do anything. The sun didn't come out until I was on my way to work, which meant I couldn't take any good photos. I had to return to work after a week off. And then when I got to work I have one of those conversations. You know the ones. You get dragged into an office, your boss sits in front of you all casual like. Then it begins. 45 minutes of sitting there bobbing your head 'yes' like one those annoying car dog thingys. The round about conversation where you are told you aren't that good at your job and you need to start thinking about your future. Am I working the right hours? Managing the right department? Tying my shoe laces correctly? You get the idea right?

So by the time I left work and got on the bus to come home I felt about 2 inches tall and totally miserable.

Normally straight to bed. But nope, I thought I would be rebellious and turn on the computer and spend a bit of time surfing the virtual tide of blogs. I remembered the Handmade Monday event set up by the lovely Wendy and thought I would meander a look at my own blog. I was so surprised to have found new people following and having people interested in what my trinket boxes will look like when finished. So what I am trying to say in a round about way: 1st, thanks to Wendy for such a fantastic idea! 2nd, thanks to everyone who has decided to follow my blog! 3rd, thank you for all the lovely comments. You made yesterday seem a little less grey! Thank you so much. I have returned the favour to each and every one of you.

Lets hope today will reveal the silver lining.

But at least this morning I had time to do some more work on my trinket boxes. Just need my motifs to come now *bounce*. Can't wait!

Until next Monday (or maybe tomorrow when I get bored of cleaning and the computer starts is daily calling).

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your horrible Monday was brightened up a little.

    I'm so lucky to have been able to escape the world of management appraisals and work from home creatively!

    Look forward to seeing that trinket box when it's done! Thank you for taking part, hopefully see you next week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your day wasn't completely gloomy. I have gloomy days every now and again and I'm always surprised how much nice comments on-line can brighten me up.

    I can't wait to see the trinket box.

    Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear we cheered you up a bit :) Look forward to reading more of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete