Thursday 24 February 2011

Jewellery and Nuggets

My credit card is now frowning at me, but I am one happy bunny. February is nearly over, and March will have soon begun. And with the turning of the month comes some a new pay packet. 

Okay, okay... and new bills. But again with the 'we only live once' routine ;)

I would like to dedicate this post to two people.

The first would be Mick at Shpangle Jewellery. Remember the blog post about poop? Yeah, I went ahead and got me one of those. And I have to say, it was a great buy. I love to be different, and there is nothing better than going into work and your boss saying 'Interesting pendant, but if you don't mind me saying, it looks like a lump of, er, you know?' How often can you turn around and say, 'it is!'. But more than it's comical value, I own something that the earth has preserved (yes, even if it is poop), and something that very few people could ever imagine the cycle of. 

And yes, of course, I had to buy something else. I noted a lovely pendant. Heart shaped, clear and with a collection of washers and screws set within. Working in a DIY retailer I couldn't think of anything that would set the scene more, so to speak! 

So thank you to Mick! I would love to post photos, however, been a busy bee today and they would do the jewellery no justice! However, I implore you to visit the link and I bet you will be struggling with your will power! (Bring on March!!).

And I would like to thank Jenny who's Folksy shop is full of cute cute wonders! Will be going back to get some gifts me thinks. Helloooooo Christmas shopping,

I would love to be able to knit or crochet, but I can't. After reading about Jenny's' Bunny Nuggets I knew I had to get one. And yes, I am a sucker for anything cute. I asked for something in a purple shade, but nothing too light. A custom Nugget! Anything I can own, that only I can own is mine. Well yes, of course it's mine, but you know what I mean. Just mine! I was bouncing like an idiot when I read a post that feature my Bunny Nugget (My nugget). 

I was so happy with both of my purchases, and the fact that these two people went out of their way to send their crafts off so quickly, allowing me to enjoy beautifully made products quicker? Two excellent crafters that deserve more praise than I alone can give! Thank you both for your hard work and effort. May you see more of my money in the future ;)

He has been named 'Nugget', and he stands guard of all those that may steel my books!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog post and many thanks for the mention! I love the story behind the washers and screws pendant and that you work for a DIY retailer!

    Many thanks again,

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the mention! I'm glad Nugget has such a great new home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nugget! He sits by my bedside clock, guarding my books from sticky fingers. Such a little cutester!

    ReplyDelete