Tuesday 15 March 2011

New start, lots to complete...

I started the week with a bump. The last time I saw 6am was when I was getting home from work and going to bed. Getting up at 6am to get ready to go to work was a complete body shock. I'm just worried about information overload. I was having one of those days when I realised I left my house keys at home, and drank so much coffee I ended up with a killer headache. But I survived my first day in my new job.


As a result though I have a dozen unfinished projects, and that's just 100% annoying. I'm really excited at trying my hand at a Steampunk styled picture frame for the boyf. A birthday present if I can find time to finish it off. I did complete my Mothers Day project though. She wanted a bracelet in a lilac hue so I finally sound a way to get rid of some beads I've had knocking around for... well a good year a least. She wanted me to knock up an older 'design' for a friend of hers too. Everytime I try to run away from jewellery, it keeps coming back to bite me in the butt. On the bright side, it does keep my fingers from being idle.




I think my cats, who are both used to me being at home during the day knew something was up at the weekend. One of them, Moomin, decided she wanted to come shopping with me...


 ...The other, Garfield, he just didn't want me to do the ironing.


And somewhere in it all, I thought I would complete doodle number five (five for the blog that is).


So that completes my last couple of days. Back to work tomorrow, day off today. Already? That's what my new boss said ;)

So whilst late, I'm off to Wendy's to complete my weekly blog hop. Never been this late *sigh*. Hey-ho, still a great joy to see what other great people have been crafting.

8 comments:

  1. OK I really should be in the studio now but your link stopped me - and I've enjoyed reading your post!

    Love all your pics (specially the "cat in the bag" one!) and glad you survived the first week. Lovely jewellery and doodle too!

    Thanks for taking part in HM - better late than never, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy. Always a pleasure.

    Hopefully I will be more organised next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your style - enjoyed reading your Blog! We had a cat who adored lying on paper patterns - first rustle and she would be there, purring and turning, until she settled down on it for a snooze! Not an ideal way to start a sewing project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, love the jewellery the pink one is perfect and your doodles are not doodles but works of art, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bracelets. Love your cats. Love your doodle. Love your post full stop!! Glad you survived your first day and hope you are still enjoying it by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cats bless em :) Hope work goes well tomorrow :) The sketch is brill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bracelets - I can see why you aren't able to escape it! The picture frame sounds like it will look great too. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bracelets, my fave is the pink :) You will have to post a picture of the steampunk frame, i'm really taken by all things SP at the mo. x

    ReplyDelete