Monday 24 January 2011

New range of gifts

I have spent most of my time after the Christmas rush playing around with bits of felt. Don't ask me why, I really couldn't tell you. On top of that I have been trying to come up with something a little different. A new way to sell products that is both fun and not commonly seen.

Around the time I was 'Going Batty' I started to wonder if there was something I was missing out on. Then it hit me. I often send my jewellery out to customers in the pre-made organza bags. Cheap and effective. Handmade gift boxes can sometimes get squished in the post, and no one likes to open a flattened box, no matter how pretty. So I started playing around with these 'Felties' as they have become know. I decided they would make a cute alternative to gift boxes and message carriers, (Flowers are so last year ;) )

Here are two of the designs (the writing will be removed for sale as even as a prototype I wasn't happy with it). No idea why rabbits first, but better than chickens or eggs. I am currently engaged in designing a cat and a mini monster version. I will also be creating a non-gift-box range, just in case someone thought 'Cute but no jewels, thanks'.

Prototype

Without compartments

An envelope for gifts or messages

3 comments:

  1. They're darling! What a terrific idea - I'm sure they will be a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,, LOVE THESE!! Really clever idea x

    ReplyDelete