Tuesday 17 May 2011

Wreaths and Invites

Wow I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged. I never knew how much of my time would be eaten up by planning my wedding and trying to cope with all the normal things in life.

So firstly, I hope everyone is well. Enjoying the sort of summer weather (sort of because there is still plenty of cloud around here).

I am actually in a position now that I can cheer about. I have everything sorted. All I have left to do are the things we all enjoy. Craft my decorations and post my invites. Well almost, I still need to buy odds and sods, but that's fine. The bulk has been tackled and completed. So much so I even processed my passport info ready for our honeymoon - which I am dying for! Two weeks and no hassle. It'll be bliss.

So I thought I would take a few snaps of my invites before I pop them in the post and show you 1 of 4 similar wreaths. Gonna have to complete a couple of others and get them posted on here.


There will be four of this design and they will have red and burgundy organza trailing from them when hung - which I can't show you until the day ;) 




The cats are loving the chaos at the moment. I have black bags FULL of silk ivy and flowers. One has taken to sleeping on top of the bags, the other tries to open them and chews at the ends - keep telling him that isn't the way to diet but he never seems to listen :)

I was real impressed with myself over the weekend, I managed to re-gloss the bathroom door. Now look at me, the domestic diy goddess... No really, my trousers looked fantastic after I accidently kicked the tin over and had 10 seconds of nightmare. I laugh now... It might not be crafting in the strictest sense but my trousers would beg to differ. Tracy Emin would pay thousands I tell you!

All I need to do now is find an affordable cake topper and I will be well away... I feel an internet search coming on...

4 comments:

  1. It's hard enough planning a wedding without taking on the extra crafty bits that your're doing - I take my hat off to you. Love the wreath and the invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gothic theme of the invites and wreaths. Good luck with your topper search, I'm sure there are loads out there that will do bespoke at an affordable price. Face book has loads too.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous wreaths and invites. It all really adds the personal touch to your special day. And it sounds like stress levels are still under control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. Am loving those invites, very stylish and the flowers are lovely. Good luck with the continued wedding plans :)

    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete